A book I have been reading called ASP Web Development with Dreamweaver MX 2004 has been teaching me quite a bit about the program as well as a better overview of web standards in general. I'm a perfectionist at heart so this stuff appeals to me. There was an entire chapter on Accessibility, i.e. for users with disabilities and it was especially eye opening.
Here are some links in that chapter concerning accessibility standards related to Section 508, the law in the U.S. governing web accessibility.
- 1194.21 Software Applications and operating systems
- 1194.22 Web-based intranet and internet information and applications
- 1194.23 Telecommunications products
- 1194.24 Video and multimedia products
- 1194.25 Self contained, closed products
- 1194.26 Desktop and portable computers
Making your web pages accessible is not just nice, in some cases it is the LAW.